Monday, September 22, 2003

Another week begins, and it must be a good one, since I have found time to blog today. I am dogsitting this week for Sam the money maker. He brings me in at least an extra $50 a month, and that is just for a weekend. I believe that it will at least double this weekend since I am staying there for a week. My old friend from high school's parents call all the time to see if I can dog sit and it works out well. They are very cool and fun to hang out with. SO this week me and Sam will go for some walks, drink a few margaritas, and play some pool :) maybe not the margarita part, since I don't really like them all that much. But I will rest easy and make some extra cash.
last nite I went to Detroit with the Gnageys and the Griesers to worship with the Hillsongs bunch. That is right Darlene Zscech in the flesh, I think that is how you spell it. Some of you may know her better as the woman who wrote Shout to The Lord. I must at admit, I went with all the cynicism that I could muster and came out having one of the greatest worship experiences of my life. Man did the Lord shred that place with his presence. It was thick sometimes unbearable. The Lord has anointed that music with some sort of Freedom that doesn't happen very often in today's church. I say this not to jump on the Hillsong band-wagon. I am still a big fan of really dirty vocals and rocky worship-NOT ROCK-N-Roll WORSHIP CIRCUS, but you know Redman & Crowder. But I did find the Lord was there in a unique way, and it was especially interesting to have my attitude changed. Sometimes it is so easy to think that you have some sort of Spiritual Edge over other people in the church. Man was I broken about that.
So today here is my prayer. Lord you know my heart and how it longs for you, but might you teach me to find you wherever you dwell. In the desert, in my bedroom, in the shower, on a mountain, with a still small voice, loud and clear thru an electric guitar solo, when I read the WORD or when someone speaks it over me, thru a nerd, thru an artist, in the trees, thru someone who is Thai and I can't even understand. At work, even when I am on e-bay, thru close friends, and the lady at sterling's. Lord my brokenness is a sign of your presence, and I will take that too. You are good in so many forms. Thank you for leaving the fleshly body of Christ in order to dwell in the Spirit which moves all of these things to speak to me your Glory. You alone are worthy of honor and with a sincere heart I will seek hard after you. there is no part of my world that will remain void and empty, for you spoke and it exists. You breathed and it lived. thank you Jesus, you made me so very well, indeed. Alive with freedom.amen.

No comments: