Monday, December 22, 2008

Vampires at Christmas Time?

What happened to those thoughts on faith? Well I must admit, I've postponed, I'm still thinking. And thinking before I speak is usually a good idea, for me at least. I also have to confess another small tiny little thing. My sister-in-law gave me the book Twilight, a movie just came out based on it, and it happened. IT BIT ME! I could not put it down. There are 4 books in the series and each of them well over 600 pages...I finished them all in 3 weeks time. The first 3 I finished in about 2 weeks, then the last one I had to wait for my sister-in-law to finish.
Dave would try to talk to me and I couldn't hear him. For once, I understood what it was to be a man, or a small boy who hears the voice speaking to him, but can't make out the words. Dave would be talking to me and I would subconsciously tune it out. I had to know what happened to the vampire, werewolves and all the good people of Forks, Washington. He could have told me that the house was on fire, and I wouldn't have heard unless he was Edward Cullen or Dr. Carlisle. There is one disappointment I've had though, there are no more! At least for now-no book series has "sucked" me in, pardon the poor pun, for a long time. AND NOW THERE ARE NO MORE!!
Back to the library for more books which will educate, and slightly entertain me, but not transform me and take me to another world. I'll survive, but what a high it was.

Last but not least, I am on Christmas break...and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Tomorrow is Day #5 and even though I'm getting a cavity filled, it will be glorious. Nothing beats Christmas Break, when you're 29 and really know how to enjoy it. Thank God for the school calendar, and the rekindled excitement of being 10 and praying for snow delays. And thank God for my husband who never makes me feel guilty for working part-time, loves when I'm home, and is really appreciative of home-cooked meals, clean laundry-and a happy wife. As he says, "HAPPY WIFE-HAPPY LIFE." Merry Christmas!
With Love, The Webers and Bing!

No comments: