Sunday, July 20, 2008

Only One Left


Some kids don't have many feelings about their grandparents by the time they get to be my age. I on the other hand, have WONDERFUL grandparents. Yesterday my grandpa Jim passed way, making this the 4th funeral for us in one years time. I lost Papaw Morgan in Sept., my father-in-law in February, a good friend of the family in March, and now Grandpa Jim Reeves yesterday.
Grandma Viv, is the only one left-to love on, to learn from, to be loved by. There is something about the generation of those grandparents, that I find myself longing for more and more. I want to know and learn all I can from her. She raised her 6 kids, 2 nephews, and really helped in raising me too!! I owe a lot to her and my Papaw. She is the only grandparent I have left, so today, slightly saddened by that realization. I wanted to share her beauty with the readers of this blog. Grandparents are a gift, not to be taken for granted.

No comments: